Thursday, October 21, 2010

Catching Up...

Since August, life at Chair Decor has been super busy. We have had a record month full of wedding bliss and a few corporate events sprinkled in. I enjoy updating our blog and coming up with fun topics/themes to discuss. But I have let my duties slip over the last 2 months, due to the sheer volume of orders and installs that have taken place. Alas! I am back into my routine and hope to catch up on a few things I wanted to post.

Looking back at September...
Our showroom for the month of September was inspired by some of Fall's hottest new color trends- Chocolate and Mango. Instead of using food as my inspiration (which is really hard to do because I love thinking of and eating so many delicious treats), I looked to nature. The Monarch butterfly, as common as it is here in Vancouver, it's markings and colors are not. Perfectly fitting my monthly color theme, the Monarch's wings are patterned in shades of tangerine, mango, melon and pumpkin, with hints of cream, chocolate and espresso.


So to honor this majestic creature, I pulled matching linen to complement this theme. Using our Creme Brulee Triple Pintuck linen, I was able to get a pretty close color match-even the hint of gold! A Chocolate Satin runner adorns the centre of the table, and Chocolate Satin chair wraps finish the look, with matching Chocolate Satin napkins.



Working with this theme, our high-boy cocktail round was set in opposite colors. Using Chocolate Satin as the base, we placed a simple Tangerine Taffeta sash down the centre as a runner. I used to have a brown willow branch wreath with a monarch butterfly perched on the side, in the centre of this table, however, Hazel of Barwick designs moved out in September :( and took with her all her fabulous decor goodies-we will miss you Hazel! I had also used the butterflies as place holders for my guest table setup. Just to show how busy we were for the month of September, these showroom photos weren't taken until October when I was about to change the table decor. Excuses, I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment